Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Rosalie Blum", by Camille Jourdy


"Rosalie Blum" is a three-volume graphic novel written and drawn by Camille Jourdy, a young french authoress.

It tells the story of Vincent, a 30-year-old hairdresser subjugated to his manipulative and victimist mother, who becomes obsessed for a woman from his town, and stars following her everywhere.

A touching story of human psychology and tedium that Jourdy develops with a subtle sense of humour, with very meticulous and delicate illustrations, that won't leave you indifferent.

15 comments:

  1. Love the blog work! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures you put up above did indeed not leave me indifferent at all. I guess it's really one of those authors you really have to get into to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Geoffrey you can buy it on Amazon, but I think it's only in french or spanish...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm.... Looks like the old comics I used to see! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks interesting. Love reading graphic novels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I'm gonna look it up at the library next time I go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, I'm always looking for new graphic novels. I'll see what I can get it for on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carm, could you please tell me if you get it on amazon, i will realy like to buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks and sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cartoon is cool looking the style is awesome!

    ReplyDelete